Governing Bodies and BSPH Administrative Office
The BSPH is governed by a supervisory council and managed by a board of directors, each consisting of representatives from all three partner institutions.
The BSPH is supported by an administrative office based at the Institute of Public Health at the Campus Charité Mitte.
The BSPH brings together faculty, researchers and lecturers from the partner institutions and other affiliated organisations.
You are here:
BSPH Supervisory Council
Members of the Supervisory Council are:
- Senatskanzlei - Wissenschaft und Forschung: Staatssekretär Steffen Krach
- Alice Salomon Hochschule: Prof. Dr. Olaf Neumann
- Technische Universität Berlin: Kanzler Lars Oeverdieck (Chair 2019-2021)
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin: Prof. Dr. Axel Pries
Chairmanship rotates between the three partner institutions biannually.
The Supervisory Council has the following responsibilities:
- Consensus on all matters of fundamental importance for the BSPH
- Approval of the annual financial plan and resource allocation of the BSPH
- Determination of profile, focus and priorities of the BSPH in consultation with the board of directors
- Review and approval of the annual work plan and activity report
Scientific Advisory Board
The following people have agreed to support the BSPH with their academic expertise. They were appointed to the Scientific Advisory Board by the BSPH Supervisory Council in 2015.
- Bernhard Gibis, Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung (KBV)
- Bärbel-Maria Kurth, Robert Koch-Institut (RKI)
- Heidrun Thaiss, Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung (BZgA)
- Martin McKee, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
- Fred Paccaud, Institut für Sozial- und Präventivmedizin, Universität Lausanne, CH
- Suzanne Babich, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
The Scientific Advisory Board has the following tasks:
- Advice and consultation for the Supervisory Council
- Recommendations regarding the scientific focus of the BSPH
- Participation in internal evaluations of the BSPH.