Committees of the MScPH
The consecutive Master of Science in Public Health is managed and supervised by the following committees:
- The BSPH Board of Directors acts as head of the MScPH program
- MScPH Board of Examinations
- Joint Commission for the MScPH
Elected student representatives from the student council (Fachschaftsinitiative - FSI) represent the interests of students and have voting rights in the committees.
You are here:
Members of the BSPH Board of Directors
MScPH Board of Examinations
The Examination Committee is responsible for organizing the examinations, in particular for appointing the persons entitled to take the examinations, recognizing periods of study, academic and examination achievements and evaluating the examinations. Additionally, it is responsible for the planning, organization and further development of the study program.
Members of the MScPH Board of Examinations
- Prof. Dr. Elke Schäffner, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Busse, Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Hürrem Tezcan-Güntekin, Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences
- Anne Spranger, Technische Universität Berlin
- One student representative from the FSI
To contact the MScPH Boad of Examinations please send an Email to the MScPH Examination Office via Prüfungsamt. The MScPH Examination Office ensures compliance with MScPH Board of Examination decisions.
Joint Commission for the MScPH
The joint commission (Gemeinsame Kommission GK) was established to carry out the consecutive Master program in Public Health at the Berlin School of Public Health. Its members represent the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin) and the Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences (ASH).
The GK has the following tasks:
- The adoption of the study and examination regulations as well as the admission and admission statutes
- The appointment of the examination and study committee and the selection committee in accordance with § 9 of the admissions and admissions regulations.
- The orderly conduct of teaching and examinations as well as the coordination of teaching and research
- The result-oriented control of the teaching operations (evaluation)
- Reporting on the development of the degree program to the participating universities
Members of the Joint Commission for the MScPH
The members fo the Joint Commission shall be appointed in accordance with the follwoing key:
- Charité – Universitätsmedizin: 3 university professors, 2 student representatives
- Technische Universität Berlin: 2 university professors, 1 scientific assistant staff member, 1 other staff member
- Alice Salomon Hochschule: 2 university professors, 1 scientific assistant staff member, 1 other staff member
For the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Tobias Kurth
- Prof. Dr. Elke Schäffner
- Prof. Dr. Holger Scholz
- Philipp Hengel and Miriam Blume
For the Technische Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Busse
- Prof. Dr. Martin Siegel (Chair)
- Anne Spranger
- Anja Dittmann
For the Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Theda Borde
- Prof. Dr. Hürrem Tezcan-Güntekin
- Dr. Joachim Kuck, MSc, MPH
- Elke Weisgerber
Student Representatives - Fachschaftsinitiative FSI
In order to promote communication, ensure transparency and the inclusion of student perspectives in decision-making-processes, student representatives from each cohort are invited to join the BSPH Fachschaftsinitiative at the beginning of each semester. The FSI selects members from their ranks as delegates to the committees. The FSI has one vote in the MScPH Board of Examinations and two votes in the Joint Commission for the MScPH.
Contact the FSI: fsi-bsph(at)charite.de. Find more information via Blackboard -> FSI-BSPH